So WHO is the new Doctor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2017 :  11:53:09  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know?

Chris Balcombe

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2017 :  21:13:11  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Male I hope.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2017 :  10:48:49  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Dave, I have to agree.

I'm not sexist, but I just think it would be a step too far.

I have no strong evidence to back me up, and I may well be proved wrong. So be it.

I compare it (in only some and not all ways) to the scenario with the James Bond films. But that's only my unimportant opinion :-)

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2017 :  12:30:52  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think my reply was probably a bit short but I would prefer a male as the Dr.
Not meaning to be sexist in anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2017 :  23:29:22  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Christmas Special is currently filming so whoever it is will be on set within the next few weeks, if they haven't already. I'm hoping that we all find out Christmas Day. Makes sense for the BBC too as it would give the episode a unique pull.
Go to Top of Page

blitzbob
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2017 :  15:59:14  Show Profile  Visit blitzbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's it. I've watched the programme from the first doctor.
a woman doctor.NO.
never. As far as I'm concerned I'm finished with Dr who. The brigadier must be turning in his grave.the female master was bad enough but this is a time lord to far.
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2017 :  16:50:41  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Only just heard of this decision. Surprised but I suppose you never know what's coming next nowadays.
For me the female master never really worked so I'm not too sure if the Dr idea will either.

Edited by - DB 2 on 16 Jul 2017 16:56:04
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2017 :  19:27:33  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well after years of being let down with the announcement of each successive Doctor and feeling like it'd never happen, the day has finally come.

We have a Yorkshire Doctor

Oh yeah, and female too.

In all seriousness I was shocked at first as I really didn't think they'd have the nerve to do it, but now it's had time to sink in... it doesn't bother me. In fact I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with this.
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2017 :  15:54:02  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

Anyone know?

Didn't realize we had a sun columnist on board.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:03:58 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com