New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2016 :  23:22:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dr-Who-Vintage-Original-Roger-Delgado-Jon-Pertwee-Signed-Autograph-Display-/371682788349?hash=item568a0543fd:g:5UcAAOSw7XZXiA1m

If you ask me neither of them look right ! :(

And I have NEVER seen Jon's like that before :( And yet this seller has other rare autographs and yet he cant tell that Jon's doesn't look right :(

Be Aware ( your country needs more awares lol )

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!

mattdoe
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  14:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey bud did you ever get my email ?
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  20:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I did and I replied.

But just in case here it is again

Hi Matt

My first thought was yes that looks fine to me as I know that pre Doctor Who Jon signed things shall we say differently to how we know it today.

Pre DW Jon would print his name for example like yours as well as joining some if not all the letters but would be in print format how ever after DW he started to, now how to explain it, sign with all loops and swirls ( if that makes sense ? ) which is what we know and love today.

I have an example of Jon's some where that was signed Pre DW and it looks a lot like yours but I'm not sure what I have done with it lol How ever I bought it off a dealer some years ago as it was mounted with Rodger Delgardo's ( which I have now removed and remounted ) at the time I question the dealer regarding Jon's autograph as I knew what this looked like ( surprisingly I didnt know what Rodger's looked like ) he told me that Jon's had been purchased in a autograph book that was signed when Jon was doing the Navy Lark along with other cast members which he showed me, the other cast members that is, and at the time to me it did make sense.

I have seen a lot of Jon's that looks like yours all Pre DW how ever the one thing that does bother me is the fact that it has a capital E in pertwee which I find a bit strange as I've never seen this before but that doesnt mean that its fake its just something I've never seen before.

Although I have said yes it looks fine to me I would have to ask a couple of questions

1 When was it meant to have been signed ?

2 Whats it on ?

One or two things to bear in mind is the fact that its personalized. Autographs that doesnt have a dedication is worth a lot more than one with how ever in this case it might be a double bluff and adding to the worth and secondly there does seem to have a bit of age as it looks like either the ink is fading or rubbed off more so on the O and N of Jon.

A quick personal question to you did you pay a lot for it ? And who you bought it from do you trust them ? Have you known them for a while ?

If I was purchasing the auto for my own collection I would probably say yes if it was cheap enough how ever if the cost was a average amount for a Jon then I would save my money and buy one after DW the one we all know.

I hope this helps ? If not please email me again as it can be a bit hard to explain lol

Oh and thanks for the new section and making me admin :)

Any way as the Dr once said " Must dash " lol

Robin

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:19:32 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com