New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattdoe
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  16:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have got an Ian Marter autograph if anyone has been looking for one ?

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2016 :  23:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt may I ask what is it on ?

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!
Go to Top of Page

mattdoe
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2016 :  09:11:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you send me a message on Facebook mate?

https://www.facebook.com/TheToyBoxTreasures/
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2016 :  23:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well believe it or not I cant lol as I'm not on facebook ! And have no plans on joining either sorry :)
How ever if its the one on your page along with John Leesons, Carole Ann, Tom Baker it does look good but sadly cant really mount it as it would look a bit strange with the other wording above.

Shame but thanks any way :)

For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2016 :  10:24:58  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Robin, just wanted to say well done for not being on Facebook!

I'm on it, with a completely made-up history of my life. I'm really only on it so I can promote photos I've done for clients, and also (of course) to keep up with Doctor Who stuff.

But I've had several run-ins with the nastier types on FB, and I dislike the way its taken over many people's lives. Likewise Twitter. Its probably my age.

So keep off it. Tell me you also haven't got a mobile and we can go to a whole new higher level! :-)

(With apologies to all my friends on Facebook and Twitter)

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2016 :  00:05:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris although having looked at Matts page I did for a split second wonder if I should sign up but was then distracted by a fly and promptly forgot lol

Sadly I do have a mobile but whooooo cool your boots man its a very basic touch screen one ( no not a smart one ) that makes phone calls, texts and on the odd occasion takes photos but to be honest that's all I want it for. I don't want to spend my life playing Pokémon whateveritscalled lol

The funny thing is I've had it 4 years and I still cant get the hang of it ! Tis a shame that my nokia 3210 ( for those who are to young to know google it lol ) broke and I had to get a replacement Boy I loved that phone had the Dr Who cover, logo and theme tune as well lol mind you I cant complain really as I now have the Orbital version of the theme tune and the Archangel Network logo as my wallpaper on my " new " one lol.

For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2016 :  10:51:14  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ahh yes. The old mobiles that were just phones.

I had one of the first. Large square unit, mainly battery I suspect, with a handset and coiled cord, and aerial. It was a real wonder to my colleagues. It stayed in the car when out...far too heavy to lug around on photo shoots.

And the old basic Nokias (about 8/10 years back?) that, again were just phones, but small enough to go in a pocket. And you could throw them down a concrete staircase and they'd still work.

Am I getting off-topic, by any chance? ;-)

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2016 :  23:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW now you really are showing off your age (and wealth lol )if you had one of the original ones ! lol
Isnt it amazing when you consider what we used to do to our old phones and they carried on working ? Now a days you only have to sneeze at a smart phone and Oh my screens cracked lol

Off topic yeah slightly but its all good fun and I'm sure Matt doesn't mind

For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  18:49:09  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've only changed my phone twice in my life, had an old brick that actually did fall off a cliff and into a stream, and still worked! I usually get my partners cast off phone, this one is smaller but still prehistoric, and actually works! Still a nokia -Who needs smart phones
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:59:18 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com