Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  06:37:41  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
Never mind. At least the Postman did bring something interesting with him today. As mentioned elsewhere, I've done a trade with Amyluke. My new sketches arrived today. One's a really nice blue Dalek by Carolyn Edwards the other is part three of the Robert Aragon set I'm working on. Part one should be here shortly as I bought it off eBay yesterday

One size does NOT fit all

Edited by - Qexit on 30 Sep 2009 14:24:31
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  08:04:17  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage
The blue dalek by Edwards is a great sketch and well done on completing another three parter.

I got the pencil sketch of Wyler & Lousie from Ochiltree today.

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  08:36:45  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duck

The blue dalek by Edwards is a great sketch and well done on completing another three parter.
I do have a certain affinity with blue Daleks on this set

quote:
Originally posted by sittin9duckI got the pencil sketch of Wyler & Lousie from Ochiltree today.
I was wondering about that sketch. I know Gary's 'day job' is running a comic shop. So was he selling this himself or was it one a fellow comic dealer had bought ? Just curious.

Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2009 :  14:48:06  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage
Bought and payed through the ebay comic shop but a hand written note on the invoice says "thanks Craig best wishes Gary" So I think it will be direct from him.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2009 :  13:09:42  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage
It's the same comic shop that Nik sells his sketches through but there again they do work together on the comics.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  05:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage
Barrie emailed me this morning to say my redemptions are being posted today. It certainly seems like he's stepping up the customer service a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  05:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas

Barrie emailed me this morning to say my redemptions are being posted today. It certainly seems like he's stepping up the customer service a bit.

Well he's certainly putting his head above the parapet a bit more than he used to.

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  06:03:58  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

quote:

Well he's certainly putting his head above the parapet a bit more than he used to.

Excellent, anybody living nearby with a decent bow and arrow?

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  06:09:51  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I think Doctor Jas is the only forum member who has ever seen/met Barrie, so we're going to need a photo!

Edited by - Dalekfan on 28 Sep 2009 06:10:14
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  06:28:58  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
quote:

I got the same message so fingers crossed. It seems he looks in on this forum too, even though I don't think he posts here, as he sent me a link to here in answer to a question I asked him.

Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  06:47:15  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage
It wouldn't suprise me to find that Barrie looks in here to see what the vibe is. I wonder what his reactions are to the less freindly posts about his business? Who knows perhaps in our own little way we may even have changed his attitude towards the product. I would like to think so.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  07:03:30  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I'm quite sure that many dealers "drop in" here: after all there's some very substantial collectors on here, and the "dealers" can get a good feel for what is sought after.

Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, provided of course it complies with Forum rules, so Barrie can make of those comments what he will.

It's a double-edged sword really, as conversations on here can create a demand in "dealers" eyes, but conversely the rare stuff is weeded out as the "dealers" eye a potential profit!!

Shame that Barrie has never actually logged on here: sadly he seems a little elusive at answering questions, although he does post "information only" type posts on NSU Forum.

I've dealt with Barrie since 2001, and in that time I've never had a conversation with him of any substance, be it on a Forum or anywhere else for that matter. Shame really 'cause he's got a right to reply (like everyone else natch), and I for one would love to hear it!!!

After all, he says he's a card collector too. Come on Barrie, join the fun!

Edited by - Dalekfan on 28 Sep 2009 07:10:42
Go to Top of Page

jaseb
Companion

173 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  07:24:16  Show Profile  Visit jaseb's Homepage
I think that if Barrie was to have any honest Q&A session some very awkward questions would be raised and I don't think to be honest he would have explanations that would satisfy most collectors. So maybe the best bet for him is to stay out of the limelight while he still has some kind of reputation left, all be it a very tarnished one.

Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  07:27:58  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage
I think that the world's a better place when people answer question themselves rather than hiding behind a rock (figuratively speaking!).

But then I like using Forums. Many collectors don't. Each to their own.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  08:45:38  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dalekfan

I'm quite sure that many dealers "drop in" here: after all there's some very substantial collectors on here, and the "dealers" can get a good feel for what is sought after.

Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, provided of course it complies with Forum rules, so Barrie can make of those comments what he will.

It's a double-edged sword really, as conversations on here can create a demand in "dealers" eyes, but conversely the rare stuff is weeded out as the "dealers" eye a potential profit!!

Shame that Barrie has never actually logged on here: sadly he seems a little elusive at answering questions, although he does post "information only" type posts on NSU Forum.

I've dealt with Barrie since 2001, and in that time I've never had a conversation with him of any substance, be it on a Forum or anywhere else for that matter. Shame really 'cause he's got a right to reply (like everyone else natch), and I for one would love to hear it!!!

After all, he says he's a card collector too. Come on Barrie, join the fun!

I thought Potratz and Hai would be sought after but I ran an auction and sold a sketch by them for £10.50 last night!!!

I've met Barrie a couple of times and just on face value he comes across as being a really nice bloke who enjoys making cards. I have only dealt with Barrie as a dealer and he's never let me down, perhaps it's because I spend a lot of money with him!!
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  09:13:43  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
quote:

I thought Potratz and Hai would be sought after but I ran an auction and sold a sketch by them for £10.50 last night!!!
I saw that. As it was one of their fully painted cards rather than one of their quickie biro with a dab of paint jobs, it really did go cheaply.

quote:

I've met Barrie a couple of times and just on face value he comes across as being a really nice bloke who enjoys making cards. I have only dealt with Barrie as a dealer and he's never let me down, perhaps it's because I spend a lot of money with him!!

I've spoken to Barrie a few times on the phone and have also found him to be both nice and helpful. The only let down I've encountered in my direct dealings with him to date has been this recent slight delay in sending out the Dr Who redemption sketches.

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2009 :  16:06:56  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
quote:

Interesting to see that even Potratz and Hai are having trouble selling their own cards from this set. They've relisted their remaining returns at significantly lower starting prices and with no silly Buy-it-now prices (the 3 part scene was originally posted with a $500 Buy-it-now)

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  08:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
Along with my set of redemption sketches, the postman also brought the final piece of my Robert Aragon three part Dalek panel. So here's the complete scene:

Go to Top of Page

Hoosier Whovian
Chancellor

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2009 :  09:40:30  Show Profile  Visit Hoosier Whovian's Homepage
I always wondered how Daleks made S'mores
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2009 :  14:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
Just heard from Gary Ochiltree that he has finished and posted off my commission. It should be here tomorrow so I'll be able to post a scan then.

Edited by - Qexit on 30 Sep 2009 14:23:57
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  06:12:50  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
Annoyingly, the postman has been and gone and not delivered my commission from Gary However, I'm going to post the scans Gary sent me as I'm really rather pleased with what he came up with:

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  09:24:51  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
My sketches finally turned up nearly an hour after the Special Delivery deadline Still, better late than never I suppose So here's my scan of the actual cards. They are a lot brighter than on the scan Gary sent me:

In case anyone is wondering, this is the only two card panel Gary has done for this set

Go to Top of Page

Hoosier Whovian
Chancellor

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  10:57:28  Show Profile  Visit Hoosier Whovian's Homepage
So that is what a Dalek Christmas Pudding looks like.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2009 :  08:40:51  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage
It's a Dalek Haggis
Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2009 :  09:15:06  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
So that I can complete my Master Set (I know I said it was already complete ), I picked up a final Robert Aragon sketch off eBay a couple of days ago. This is his only single card Dalek sketch and allows me to offer up the three card panel I completed to raise a few pennies. Anyway, it arrived in the post this morning so now al I need is for the Sarah Wilkinson card I traded with DoctorJas that Barrie is sending out sometime to arrive and I'm done....at least for the time being :

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:51:42 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com