Figure scarcity/difficult to find/discontinued
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalekfan
Dalek Commander of the Outer Galaxies

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  05:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you think any 5" figures are becoming scarce or difficult to find, or indeed are discontinued, please post here.

To start the ball rolling: I no longer see the Cyberman WITHOUT gun on the shelves anywhere. Are these discontinued?

Judoon Troopers: can't find these anywhere either, although the Judoon Captain seems plentiful. Perhaps rare because people (like me) are army building?

Captain Jack and Empty Child: I understand that the carded version is now discontinued?

Edited by - Dalekfan on 26 Sep 2007 05:23:11

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  06:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are we talking just the figures themselves or the actual releases? If the latter, there's the Sycorax Leader on UK card and Slitheen on card without Space Pig.

If the former:

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  11:18:44  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Either! Thanks for that info.

Addendum: the Judoon Trooper is NOT in the current wave of Series 3 figures (although the Judoon Captain is), which explains why it's generally absent from the shelves...

Edited by - Dalekfan on 26 Sep 2007 11:19:13
Go to Top of Page

Trevor54
Creator of Small Daleks

Turkmenistan
1471 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  16:31:11  Show Profile  Visit Trevor54's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Woolies and Sainsbury's have them round here.

If Zygons were green, they'd be gherkins.
Go to Top of Page

alanperciwho
Chancellor

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  17:18:29  Show Profile  Visit alanperciwho's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm sure I've seen Judoon Troopers and Jack and EC's in TRU in Sheffield, but to be honest I don't really look anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Liberator
Vervoid Salad Chef

United Kingdom
1410 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  09:15:49  Show Profile  Visit Liberator's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just thought of a couple more:

Cyber Controller (original white eyes release)

Rose and rusty K-9. I've not seen Rose and non-rusty K-9 around lately either come to think of it

Daleks conker and destroy
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2007 :  11:43:45  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've not seen the original issue Moxx for yonks. Only ever saw 1 Cassandra/Chip twinpack for sale (which i brought), they don't seem to be in great supply either.
Go to Top of Page

questionmark
Chancellor

United Kingdom
629 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2008 :  14:14:37  Show Profile  Visit questionmark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think its a safe bet we will never see this figure again in the shops, then again i could be wrong..

Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  07:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tan Scarecrow was never released. Apparently CO have asked for the figure to be removed but it is still up..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

hidden-place
Timelord

United Kingdom
326 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2008 :  19:06:01  Show Profile  Visit hidden-place's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a letter from Forbidden Planet saying they'd sold out of this figure and wouldn't be getting any more... though they'd already charged me postage for it as I'd ordered it with another figure and they charged me the shipping costs for two figures although they only actually sent one.
I then received an email from CO saying the figure was a prototype and was never produced... so what FP sold out of, heaven only knows???
Still waiting for them to refund the postage charges... all I can say is I certainly won't be ordering from them again!
Go to Top of Page

Dalekfan

United Kingdom
9429 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2009 :  12:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Dalekfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think we can safely say that both the blue and black Clockwork Robots are now discontinued...although there is of course the rather splendid purplish version in the new wave of figures.

Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2009 :  05:58:40  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WhoNA is a good place to get discontinued figures, never had a problem with shipping them from the US, nice people to deal with as well.
Go to Top of Page

Doctor Jas
Companion

United Kingdom
192 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2009 :  04:25:10  Show Profile  Visit Doctor Jas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've also used Mike's Comics, Mike Salvom is a really nice chap to deal with as well.
Go to Top of Page

Ian Calway
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
32 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2011 :  12:57:25  Show Profile  Visit Ian Calway's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I havent seen any closed mouth krillitane in both colour varients anywhereperhaps there never to be seen again
Go to Top of Page

whotothecore
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2015 :  13:35:13  Show Profile  Visit whotothecore's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got two of the Time Crash Peter Davison 1/12 Toy fair sets if not already seen on the main collectors page.

I collect everything, and I mean everything! :P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:08:37 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com