dr who conventions, exhibitions.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

blitzbob
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2018 :  08:47:55  Show Profile  Visit blitzbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where have they all gone? We used to love the ones at East Ham and castle green. A great day out.
are there no more. Signings aren't the same.

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2018 :  00:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great question and really easy to answer

Showmasters have killed them off!

Or rather the act of paying the actor for his or her Autograph has as they can now make more money by charging us the " Fans " for a auto rather than the organizer paying them a flat fee ( no matter how many they sign )

Even Fantom Films which used to do some REALLY good one day events in London (apart from their 2 days events up North) have now switched over to Pay per Autograph as there's more money to be made in doing so.
However, I cant really blame them for doing that as after all they are a company who are there to make money but at what cost? Yeah -
our pockets! Which is a real shame as you don't get the whole experience as you would do in a normal convention setting ie: the Talks etc.

As I've always said "You can vote with your feet" and I've not been to any of Fantoms signings in over 2 years although it could be 3, however I was a regular at their One Day events for what must have been 5 years or more.

The sad thing is and one question I've asked myself time and time again - will we ever get back to the way things were regarding conventions, one day'ers and such, and the answer is always NO sadly.

This is just my opinion, from someone who has been doing events for over 20 years, my first being in 1994, and may be 10 years ago I was doing something once or maybe twice a month.

Sadly now I'm lucky if I do an event once a year! I only did one last year for the reasons above and as it stands this year its looking likely that I wont be doing any at all :(

So you're not alone in missing them.

And yes I DO have a problem with Showmasters !

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!
Go to Top of Page

blitzbob
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2018 :  17:02:45  Show Profile  Visit blitzbob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just get the feeling that the world's moving on and leaving me behind.
it's also a fact that there aren't many of our heros left. When I think of the ones I've been lucky to have met. The new series does little for me. And best not to talk about a lady doctor.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      1:31:12 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com