Knock Knock....Who liked it?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2017 :  19:46:10  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thought this was a good story. The kiddies needed a fright.

Nice touch of Jumanji with the person-absorbing-wood sequences! And David Suchet was his usual excellent self.

Most are commenting on the new episodes on Facebook, but I'll try to restart the old-style forum discussions here too :-)

Chris Balcombe

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2017 :  10:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
managed to watch this last night.. Was very enjoyable indeed.. I am enjoying this season and Bill is refreshing however I am not sure if its her accent or pronounciation, but I am having a little issue every now and then understanding exactly what she has said.. The effects on this story were brilliant indeed..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

fincon1
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  12:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it was the best so far. Good and scary, and David Suchet was brilliant. Excellent twist at the end too!
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2017 :  14:00:21  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Did anyone use headphones and listen to the binaural mix? It was very impressive what they did with it. Really enhanced the episode for me and I'm hoping they do another with the same technology.
Go to Top of Page

fincon1
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2017 :  19:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't. How easy is that to do? Just plug headphones in whilst watching on iPlayer?
Go to Top of Page

Fudge
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1821 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2017 :  13:02:43  Show Profile  Visit Fudge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fincon there are two versions of Knock Knock on iPlayer. Select the binaural version and use some stereo heaphones. There's a short introduction to make sure that the set up is correct. I've got no idea how they've done it but it actually sounds like a surround sound mix of the track. I've heared actual 5.1 mix's through 5.1 headphones but this new technology using stereo seems to be superior.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      4:16:42 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com