Heaven Sent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2015 :  14:47:56  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well that was nightmarish, surprising good, nice link to the brothers grimm. I said half way thru, wonder if all those skulls are past Doctors...reminded me of some M R james stories, the Hybrid is ME! not meaning the Dr I hope, but that immortal viking girl...I hope!

Mark42
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2015 :  14:35:14  Show Profile  Visit Mark42's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the Doctor now officially 2 billion & 2000 years old?
Is he now just a copy of himself rather than the original?
Why was the castle still in the ocean at the end, wouldn't it now be grounded on an island made of 100 billion+ skulls..... that really would be called Skull Island!

Personally I liked it even though I immediately thought the burnt hand in the opening shot was the Doctor, so not a big surprise by the ending.
I was more stunned when I realised he'd been stuck there 7000 years, when the numbers went up I thought it just went a bit silly and actually had less impact than the original 7000 year statement.
Also not too sure about punching something 400 times harder than diamond, might have been better if he had have had some sort of minor metal tool to hand....especially as he didn't even make a small tunnel through it but a massive 6-foot high passageway.

And has evolution stopped for the Timelords...... still the same old human-looking people after all that time.
Overall this has been a better season than recent ones, lets hope the final episode is decent.
Go to Top of Page

The Saint
Obtained a Time Capsule

74 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2015 :  11:27:06  Show Profile  Visit The Saint's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This episode scored more points than "Breaking Bad" on IMDB. I can only deduce that The episode that I saw is different from one that the Viewers who vote on IMDB saw. This was one of the very worst episodes I have ever seen. How old is he now ? He puched his way through a substance 400 times harder than diamond. Really!!!. Come back "Timelash" all is forgiven. 0/10
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2015 :  06:45:31  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just caught up, watched it on iPlayer in bed last night (fell asleep) and this morning.

Afraid I got lost in all that. Lovely acting from Peter, and lovely cinematography and, as usual, effects. But the story is the key, and this one didn't unlock my door to enjoyment

I watched Tom Baker in Planet Of Evil on the Horror Channel last night, which I enjoyed, again, and understood (more or less!).

I'll maybe watch tonight's finale, if I'm around, but, unlike the Russell TD era, I won't be looking forward to it, or leaving the recorder on.

Please, everyone, feel free to leave your honest views about the series on these boards. They become a bit pointless if you don't.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

AndrewKnight
Companion

United Kingdom
175 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2015 :  09:09:47  Show Profile  Visit AndrewKnight's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loved every second of this episode. A true masterpiece. 100/10

A cosmos without The Doctor scarcely bears thinking about...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:12:25 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com