Colin Baker costume print UPDATE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2012 :  16:34:20  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Every now and again there is a piece of merchandise that comes along and i think, hm, i really need to get that into the collection, these days it does not happen as often as it use to, but seeing the booklet that accompanies this it has happened this time.

For fans of the classic series and especially Colin Baker this is a treat indeed.

Grahame Flynn (Gray) who is a member of this site has a new company called WWW.THECOLLECTABLEARTCOMPANY.COM and their addition to the Doctor Who world of merchandise is a limited edition Giclee print of the design artwork of Colin Bakers costume.

The booklet that goes with the print is a meticulasly reserched document which even goes to the trouble of telling you the actual materials used , so you can attempt to make it yourself, that is if you can get the fabric some 28 years later. A very interesting 28 pages in all.

The print is signed by both Colin Baker and Pat Godfrey (designer) who have contributed to the booklet.

The run will be limited to 1500 and have a price of £144, one for the future i would think.

Col

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................

Col
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
4336 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2012 :  12:46:57  Show Profile  Visit Col's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TITLE: 'Sixth Doctor' Costume Designs in stock

The Collectable Art Company is pleased to announce that the first in a series of Limited Edition Fine Art prints of original Doctor Who costume designs is now in stock.

During a break in recording an audio play last week The Sixth Doctor himself Colin Baker signed a quantity's of Pat Godfrey's final design of the distinctive, multi-coloured Sixth Doctor's costume. 'Totally Tastless' is limited to 1500 high quality individually numbered A2 prints, which has also autographed by costume designer Pat Godfrey.

Each print is accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and a special 28 page Script to Screen booklet which describes the making of the iconic costume, plus an interview with Godfrey and introduction by Baker.

Grahame Flynn, Managing Director of The Collectable Art Company, said:

"Colin invited me to meet him at a recording studio in Somerset last week to sign the first batch of prints. He was also reunited with his original costume! We have sent out all those prints that were pre-ordered and are pleased to advise collectors that we now have a quantity of prints signed by Colin Baker and Pat Godfrey in stock and available for immediate dispatch."

The Sixth Doctor print is available now from www.thecollectableartcompany.com

(Source: The Collectable Art Company Ltd)

When you have seen the ages i have seen....................
Go to Top of Page
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:41:37 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com