New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fincon1
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2017 :  20:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coming next week! I am moderately excited.

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2017 :  21:58:02  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh yes looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2017 :  18:03:38  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
my faves, at least the old ones were, did a story about the huge martian mother queens being wiped out by the fendahl, I have one in my study, looks like Ssorg
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2017 :  04:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So did it live up to the anticipation? for me I loved the fact they have a queen and that we have dozens of ice warriors rather than just the one as in Cold War.. story was ok but the gun effect of the cubed up people was stupid to say the least.. some good speeches and the surprise appearance of Alpha Centauri was lovely and voiced by the original voice actor.. it leads me to think that this story leads into the Peladon stories ice warrior timeline wise... Would have been a bit better if there had been a two parter and had a bit more of a menace to the warriors. overall though very enjoyable and hopefully they will return..

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2017 :  09:53:10  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I thought it was OK.

Highlight has to be Alpha Centauri's brief appearance on the monitor, and being voiced by the SAME actress who did it throughout Doctor Who's run! Ysanne Churchman is now 92 years of age! Well done her.

Not sure seeing Alpha in any more detail, especially in HD, would have worked, but you never know.

Good to see a load of Ice Warriors and I think Mark G was unashamedly wanting the Tomb of The Cybermen feel for it.

I suppose the old 'destruction' effect of the 1960's Ice Warriors would look a bit dated now. But I didn't quite get my head around the 'turn them into a big football' treatment. But it was a surprise, so I suppose that's good!

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

fincon1
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2017 :  17:33:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was absolutely worth the wait. I really enjoy this one, maybe my favourite of the series so far. I liked that the Ice Warriors were not the baddies for once, and I positively laughed when Alpha appeared at the end, that was absolute genius. Particularly enjoyed the queen.
Go to Top of Page

duralinium1
Chancellor

United Kingdom
520 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  15:49:57  Show Profile  Visit duralinium1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
brrilliant really enjoyed it, especially Alpha centauri, aww
Go to Top of Page

DB 2
Timelord

United Kingdom
448 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2017 :  20:12:29  Show Profile  Visit DB 2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Finally watched it and liked the episode a lot.The queen worked for me.Good story but I do think that the stories seem to be better when the old monsters are involved. Or is that me just showing my age and preference for the original foes?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:48:46 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com