Midnight announcement...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  18:10:46  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, what's this about then...?

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2016/09/bbc-teaser-trailer-060916172008.html

From what I've heard it's the animation of 'Power of the Daleks'.

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  19:31:16  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes Paul, judging by the 800 (and building) comments on the BBC's Doctor Who FB page, everyone knows, as the cat was let out of the bag by the BBC shop putting a notice up plugging it, without realising there was an embargo in place.

Plus, many of us saw the very slick animated section that was (and maybe still is) on Youtube.

Animating Power is obviously good, but I still hope they manage to find the original copies. I'm not a cartoon fan....though Tom and Jerry were great.

Also, tweeking the production line daleks (so they are no longer toy-shaped) is entirely fair enough I suppose, but gave me a touch of the George Lucas 'let's change that from the original' concerns.

But that's just silly old me. So enjoy! ;-) And don't stay up until midnight either!!

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Whoviansdelight
Protector of Zygons

Australia
1351 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  22:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just hope that they release it on DVD rather than just digital download.. I prefer a physical item for my money. Would prefer the original but since that is probably never going to happen, I hope this goes well and leads to more missing stories being animated to give us as close to a complete set of the series as possible.

Zygons Rule ** Thank you for bringing them back***
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  23:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whoviansdelight

I just hope that they release it on DVD rather than just digital download.. I prefer a physical item for my money. Would prefer the original but since that is probably never going to happen, I hope this goes well and leads to more missing stories being animated to give us as close to a complete set of the series as possible.

Yeah I'm with you on this one buddy I would rather have a physical item rather than download after all what am I going to put on my DVD shelving ? My lap top ? hardly lol

While on the subject I didn't do the Web/Enemy digital download so can any one tell me if you where able to download the episodes in a format that you COULD burn to a disc ? As the new BBC Digital Download shop/library is such a strange format that you can not burn to a DVD. The reason why I ask this is because I would have like to have been able to purchase and burn to DVD the Dads Army " A Stripe for Fraizer " episode that got the recent animated treatment. I would have liked to have included it with my other Dads Army discs.

Many thanks

This is the day the Timelords returned....
For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
For The End Of Time Itself....!!!
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2016 :  23:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the_narrator

quote:
Originally posted by Whoviansdelight

Yeah I'm with you on this one buddy I would rather have a physical item rather than download after all what am I going to put on my DVD shelving ? My lap top ? hardly lol

While on the subject I didn't do the Web/Enemy digital download so can any one tell me if you where able to download the episodes in a format that you COULD burn to a disc ? As the new BBC Digital Download shop/library is such a strange format that you can not burn to a DVD. The reason why I ask this is because I would have like to have been able to purchase and burn to DVD the Dads Army " A Stripe for Fraizer " episode that got the recent animated treatment. I would have liked to have included it with my other Dads Army discs.

Many thanks

Oh forget that its being released on DVD the 21st of November !

And WOW awesome but short trailer I can't freaking WAIT !!!!!

For Gallifrey....
For Victory....

Edited by - the_narrator on 06 Sep 2016 23:58:13
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2016 :  06:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

Yes Paul, judging by the 800 (and building) comments on the BBC's Doctor Who FB page, everyone knows, as the cat was let out of the bag by the BBC shop putting a notice up plugging it, without realising there was an embargo in place.

Whilst I do facebook I don't do any Who facebook or forums other than this place. The, er, 'fervent' nature of some of the people on their tends to put me off!
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2016 :  09:59:10  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Say no more Paul! ;-)

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

the_narrator
The Autograph Moderator

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2016 :  23:26:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its funny you should say that Paul I've always said that this forum is one if not the most friendlyist forums I've known !

That's of course if friendlyist is a word lol

For Gallifrey....
For Victory....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:27:56 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com