Middlesbrough 1973
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

dalek501
Mastered Materializing

United Kingdom
40 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2016 :  15:32:48  Show Profile  Visit dalek501's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

As part of my ongoing double checking of information on Dalek 63•88 I am re-looking at the Middlesbrough DW/SFX exhibition in 1973. On the strength of two quotes I found about the exhibition (as there were no pictures) I originally concluded that two new Daleks were made for it and were mounted on trolley and tracks in addition to the two that had been at the Science museum.

Pictures are few and far between but those I have been able to get since I wrote the exhibitions page all show just the two Science Museum Daleks (and a Goon). I'm starting to doubt the two new ones were made for Middlesbrough and were, in fact, made for Blackpool.

Did anybody here attend the exhibition and still have good clear memories? I'm hoping a fan will retain the information better than the people who provided the quotes I found. Do you recall Daleks actually moving on tracks? Better still... do you have any pictures?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, Jon
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      3:59:58 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com