Helmet of Theron from The Leisure Hive
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spica
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  10:18:38  Show Profile  Visit spica's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
Well, I'm offering for sale the original helmet of Theron from The Leisure Hive.
Original in the sense that this is the robust fibreglass one that was a central prop in the story and worn by Tom Baker and David Haig.
There were others sold at the same auction, (The Doctor Who Celebration Longleat 1983), but they were the clone versions which were flimsy vac-formed ones from the same mould.
This is the real deal that hung in the council chamber.
In fact the hole it was suspended from is still there at the top. It got a little wear and tear at the BBC and later in the exhibition at Longleat. But it is pretty much mint condition as it was during filming.
It is covered in a metallic foil which has a nice bronze sheen, the interior is black fibreglass, lined at the base with black felt. The interior of the visor is lined with silver vinyl. There is a velcro head strap adjustable for each actor.
The fabric mesh over the eyes is intact, but it's the only really fragile part. Best not touched at all, it would be all too easy to push a hole through it.
But it's basically mint condition.
The photos from my little camera don't really do it justice, when shining in the light it's really quite impressive.
It comes with documentation; consisting of my programme and my ticket for the event.
I've already had some extremely good offers for it, but I have to put it out there as I need to realise the best price I can.
Apart from that I thought you might like to see it, it's a lovely piece.

Thanks,
Spica.

Pictures:

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2016 :  16:45:10  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting. Looks like a lovely piece.

Interested to hear views from fellow board members as always.

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

gallifreyancostumes
Obtained a Time Capsule

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2016 :  13:38:52  Show Profile  Visit gallifreyancostumes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi

Are there any identifying marks inside the helmet?

Were you the buyer on the day at the Longleat auction?

Gallifreyan Costumes

Edited by - gallifreyancostumes on 08 May 2016 13:42:00
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2016 :  14:02:02  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ric
It looks right. He kindly sent me extra shots, showing the visor open. But it HAS now sold, and not to me!

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      2:20:05 PM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com