Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2011 :  17:48:59  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
New set heading our way September

http://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/monster-invasion-extreme-cards-2nd-set-details/

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  05:48:12  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage
Not as bad as I feared, I'd heard whispers of the character autograph cards, at least they aren't randomly packed.

As it happened I just started a sub as I missed two issues, and opted for all extras. There's a folder on the way as well.

Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  17:18:41  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
So are the autograph cards actually signed by the actors as the charcters? Seems a bit odd but quite quirky I'll definatly be getting this set, I hope the new Infinate card is a standalone to the set and unnumbered, its annoying having a gap in the collection
Go to Top of Page

Ian
Chancellor

United Kingdom
1075 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  18:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Ian's Homepage
It looks printed from the image on the link you gave. Same shade of gold.

Yes it was annoying having a gap.

Go to Top of Page

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2011 :  10:57:51  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
I'm on subscription for this set, sad I know This morning the postman brough me Issue 10 of the magazine along with the final 'subscription only' free gift of a Monster Invasion Back Pack and another pack of cards.

In addition, there were two letters with news about what comes next. Issue 11 of the magazine will feature a special edition Doctor autograph card which will only be available with that issue of the magazine. Judging by the info on the back page of Issue 10, this card will be included with every copy not just subscription issues. This card will be part of the new Doctor Who Monster Invasion Extreme card collection. This features 180 new cards including six new Super Rare 3-D cards and a scary new Infinite card. Extreme cards will be available in shops from 28th September.

The second letter was to announce the forthcoming release of a collector tin for the new Extreme set. This will be like the previous tin but with a picture of the Silence on the lid. It will contain five of the new Extreme packs along with a special limited edition Amy Pond autograph card signed by Karen Gillan. It also states that the tin and autograph card will only be available to subscribers, so don't expect to see them popping up in the shops. They are also supposed to be in very limited supply. Subscribers will be getting Issue 11, Issue 12 and their tin (if they ticked the box to get it automatically) in about five weeks time. That might give me time to find cards 56 and 100 from the first set (I've given up on the Infinite 90 card) to complete my initial collection

One size does NOT fit all
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2011 :  05:04:16  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
Thanks for the info Qexit, it's a shame about the tin being subscriber only, i'm a big fan of the cards but not keen on the actual mag so can't justify a full subscription just for that, i'll have to hope they turn up elsewhere for a reasonable price.
Looking forward to the new set though
Go to Top of Page

bjblackpool
Companion

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  08:28:38  Show Profile  Visit bjblackpool's Homepage
There appears to be a new continuation set - Ultimate. I don't see any boxes for sale: are these going to be magazine only?
Go to Top of Page

Paul
Cosmic Hobo

United Kingdom
859 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2012 :  10:32:35  Show Profile  Visit Paul's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bjblackpool

There appears to be a new continuation set - Ultimate. I don't see any boxes for sale: are these going to be magazine only?

According to the NSU forum they will be magazine only.
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2012 :  16:43:38  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
Yep, magazine only running from part 32 through the next 26 issues
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:12:45 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com