New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Qexit
Timelord

United Kingdom
350 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2014 :  17:58:51  Show Profile  Visit Qexit's Homepage
I don't know if anyone else in the UK receives the Horror Channel as part of their TV package but if you do then it's worth checking their evening schedules. I'm not sure when it started but they are showing classic era Who programmes as part of their evening schedule at the moment. Recent episodes have included: The Deadly Assasin, Death to the Daleks, The Curse of Fenric and Resurrection of the Daleks. The picture quality is pretty poor over Virgin Media Cable where I see them but it is still nice to see old episodes on the telly again. I tend to record them on my TiVo box and watch them later so I can fast forward through the adverts

One size does NOT fit all

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  05:24:34  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Yes indeed. They run them in the mornings and evenings, every weekday. They flit around a bit era-wise, but still very watchable.
Talons of W.C. on at the moment.

I have an old Sky set-up and picture quality has been generally good.

Despite having many episodes on DVD, there is something appealing about seeing them on real television again...cannot explain it!

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2014 :  06:08:47  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
IKR, maybe it's the implicite shared experience thing going on...

Knowing that if it's on the TV rather than watching a DVD you know deep inside that someone else, somewhere else is watching it at exactly the same time that you are.

I think that's why I still prefer going to the cinema to watch a film and have to endure the seat kickers, the bag rustlers, the mobile phone checkers and the not so quiet whisperers than have it playing in my house on a big TV.

Some things are far better shared, just like birthday cake or nude twister.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:02:58 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com