Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr Saxon
Chancellor

United Kingdom
635 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2013 :  11:46:42  Show Profile  Visit Mr Saxon's Homepage
I have ordered the doctor who coin, and its arrived in the UK *YEY*

However fedex just phoned me and because its a collectable coin, they wont touch it, apparently they dont deal with collectables especially coins...

they either want me to collect it from stansted airport, or they will send it back, now i cant get to the airport anytime soon, so if they allow someone on my behalf is anyone able to pop and collect it for me? and royal mail recorded d it to me (ill pay +something for your troubles)

04/07/13

Well fedex decided to deliver the coin after all, it arrived this afternoon and im thrilled to bits with it...

its very sturdy and very well packed, and when you open the sides of the tardis it reveals the coin and a small card talking about the doctor who and the mintage of the coin... aswell as playing the tardis demat sounds when you open it too :)

"Thank you Mrs Jones........Mr saxon will be very Grateful"

Edited by - Mr Saxon on 04 Jul 2013 10:33:21

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  15:48:30  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
Ah crap!!!

That's annoyingly awesome!!!!

Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2013 :  05:51:31  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
As a result of your post Jamie, and the excellent photos, I ordered one and am very pleased with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea they were around

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

Mr Saxon
Chancellor

United Kingdom
635 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2013 :  15:50:19  Show Profile  Visit Mr Saxon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisB

As a result of your post Jamie, and the excellent photos, I ordered one and am very pleased with it.

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea they were around

your very welcome :) i saw it advertised in the P and J so i preordered it then... they have come out with a gold one aswell now which is inscanly expensive but i prefer the silver one :)

"Thank you Mrs Jones........Mr saxon will be very Grateful"
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2013 :  18:53:56  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
Yes, I saw the gold version. Only 250, which is a good limited edition number.

It seems you can order it direct from New Zealand mint, at about £1,558, but I'm concerned it would gather customs/tax charges if they sent it to a UK address.

I'm a little tempted...but not at the inflated Ebay price -about £1,731.00 - and which still has to come from Australia, so could, I assume, still incur customs charges. But I may be wrong (as is often the case!)

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  02:25:48  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
Wasn't interested when I saw the coin being poorly promoted on the Facebook page but if I'd seen the TARDIS display case that goes with it I'd have been very interested indeed..., it does bug me who only after something has sold out, that I find out it's better than it looked to be, that's life though & I'll just look at the bright side, saved myself some money by not getting it. lol

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

DalekDel
Wanderer In The Fourth Dimension Of Space And Time

United Kingdom
3331 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  05:24:17  Show Profile  Visit DalekDel's Homepage
quote:

It seems you can order it direct from New Zealand mint, at about £1,558, but I'm concerned it would gather customs/tax charges if they sent it to a UK address.

I'm a little tempted...but not at the inflated Ebay price -about £1,731.00 - and which still has to come from Australia, so could, I assume, still incur customs charges. But I may be wrong (as is often the case!)

Hi Chris,

I think investment gold is VAT exempt providing it is of 999 purity and is or has been legal tender in its country of origin. So you might get away with just duty?

Edited by - DalekDel on 30 Sep 2013 05:25:27
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  14:16:46  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DalekDel

quote:

Hi Chris,

I think investment gold is VAT exempt providing it is of 999 purity and is or has been legal tender in its country of origin. So you might get away with just duty?

Many thanks Del. I think you're probably right. But still haven't found a deep enough pocket

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

ChrisB
Co-Lord President

United Kingdom
1689 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  14:19:53  Show Profile  Visit ChrisB's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kevb0977

Wasn't interested when I saw the coin being poorly promoted on the Facebook page but if I'd seen the TARDIS display case that goes with it I'd have been very interested indeed..., it does bug me who only after something has sold out, that I find out it's better than it looked to be, that's life though & I'll just look at the bright side, saved myself some money by not getting it. lol

They're still around, from Australia. Not sure how much duty you'd have to pay though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Doctor-Who-50th-Anniversary-1-oz-Silver-Proof-Coin-In-The-Tardis-Case-WoW-/231041407732?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item35cb241af4

Chris Balcombe
Go to Top of Page

DalekDel
Wanderer In The Fourth Dimension Of Space And Time

United Kingdom
3331 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2013 :  17:38:10  Show Profile  Visit DalekDel's Homepage
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kevb0977

They're still around, from Australia. Not sure how much duty you'd have to pay though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Doctor-Who-50th-Anniversary-1-oz-Silver-Proof-Coin-In-The-Tardis-Case-WoW-/231041407732?pt=AU_Coins2&hash=item35cb241af4

With the correct commodity code I think silver is zero rated but VAT is possibly chargeable, at a guess it would be rated at 20% of the total sum of product cost plus shipping cost.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:57:10 PM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com