Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CaptCubbio2011
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2011 :  08:47:36  Show Profile  Visit CaptCubbio2011's Homepage
Hello there folks,

Welcome along to my Full Size Dalek (NSD's) Collection. My uncle and my mum build Three of these wonderful Daleks in a tent in our Back Garden & they are made from Fibreglass, Complete with Electric Wheelchairs & Voice Modulators inside (MOOG's). We've raised just over 300.00 pounds for our Charity - Max Appeal within two months & i've got official letters from them saying "thank you for your cheques & we love your Daleks & well done keep up fundraising for us in the future"

Max Appeal's Patron is Anthony Head from Dr Who, Little Britain, Merlin etc.

I suffer from DiGeorge Syndrome (22q11.2 deletion) & raise awareness & money via a Charity called Max Appeal. They are based in Stourbridge, West Midlands.

Max Appeal was setup in 1999 by a group of mum's at Birmingham's Children's Hospital & was granted Charity status in 2001. Julie Wootton who is head of this Max Appeal her son Max sadly passed away when he was very small & Doctor's didn't know what it was at that time. So since then Julie & Paul Wootton have setup this Max Appeal in honour of Max & to help out other Families who have gone through similar problems or have got a Baby, Child or an Adult who is suffering with DiGeorge. Max Appeal send out Newsletters to each family who has joined Max Appeal, They have special day trips out, AGM & General Meetings for the parents & families a couple of times a year held somewhere in the UK. And They are finding out different problems each year to do with DiGeorge, Some have got Clefte Palete's, Hole's in there Heart's, Weak Immune System's, Some cannot talk, General Learning Difficulties & Special Needs.

I am one of the lucky one's who have got it not so bad but my life is testing, I cannot go out on my own, Suffering from Asthma & Heyfever, Weak Immune System, Bent Spine (Rub your hand down it & it's like an S shape), Learning Problems, Special Needs, Don't make friends easy, I like to keep smaller groups my life is testing each day.

I had my photo taken with Anthony Head at Collectormania 17 at Milton Keynes, Check it out on Max Appeal's front page of there website.

Please check out Max Appeal at: www.maxappeal.org.uk

My mum's just recently setup a Youtube Channel for any Dalek or WHO based events which we will go to over the coming years. We had our first mini outing earlier this September in Hinckley at there Carnival, We've also been to Nuneaton & Bedworth's XMas Lights Switch on events, Check out the videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Poody571953

C
Adams

Edited by - CaptCubbio2011 on 04 Dec 2011 08:48:55

frobisher
Keeper of Time

Jamaica
628 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2011 :  09:33:57  Show Profile  Visit frobisher's Homepage
Nice daleks.

I particularly like the way you've mixed them up a bit with the different colour schemes and placing the sucker guns on different sides to usual.

Go to Top of Page

kevb0977
Chancellor

United Kingdom
941 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2011 :  04:40:34  Show Profile  Visit kevb0977's Homepage
EXCELLENT Dalek's..., love them, wouldn't mind owning them myself to be honest!!! lol One day I shall have a full size Dalek.

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

CaptCubbio2011
Newly Generated

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2012 :  05:38:05  Show Profile  Visit CaptCubbio2011's Homepage
Hi folks,

Our Daleks have recently been to Leicester's Space Center (BRITSCIFI) event. We took the Red Dalek along there, Footage can be watched on our Youtube channel page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Poody571953/videos?query=BRITSCIFI

We also took two of our Daleks to our local Concordia Theatre in Feb for a Cancer Charity Fundraiser Show called For One Night Only, Local acts performed on Stage on the evening including our Daleks. H.O.P.E was the charity's name, Our Rehersals Footage can be watched on our Youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Poody571953/videos?query=Concordia+

Later on this year 2012 we plan to take our Daleks to other SciFi events, As you know it is our first year doing this.

Regards
CaptCub2011

C
Adams
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      6:51:07 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com