New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Brown
Companion

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2011 :  12:10:05  Show Profile  Visit Mark Brown's Homepage
I have pretty much every Binder, Base Set, Chase Card, Box Topper, Case Topper, Autograph card and Costume card Strictly Ink issued plus numerous Sketch cards.

Unfortunately due to my deteriorating health I can no longer enjoy them and have decided to let them go and use the cash to make myself a bit more comfortable.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to proceed? Should I sell as master sets or sell each card individually? any price guides?

All help appreciated.

Mark

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2011 :  15:39:55  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
That's a tough one.

I would imagine you're more likely to find buyers who are just looking for one or two cards to complete sets (I myself am after a few auto and costume cards)and they're usually the more desireable one that also fetch quite abit of money (Eric Roberts 40th anniversary auto for example). Some individual cards i've seen on ebay recently have one for sums between £5-70, but sometimes even higher than that.

You might get lucky and find a buyer whose new to trading cards and is looking to buy complete master sets but you'd want to be letting them go at prices that reflect their value.

I know the 2nd volume of the Toybox book contains values of mint condition autograph cards but that's been in print for some years now and with the fluctuating market value these days its hard to say what they're really worth.

I suppose at the end of the day its upto you how much you're happy to let them go for, only you know how much time and money you put into the collection and you must have a rough idea of how much you'd be willing to part with them for.

My knowledge on trading cards isn't exactly top notch, perhaps the cardking himself (Dalekfan) can give us more info
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2011 :  15:59:36  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage
I think I would split them up, sell the binders with base set and basic chase cards. Then sell the rest as singles. It depends on how fast you want them sold. Auction for a fast sale or BIN with best offer were you can put a decent start price on the cards. I am not shower on the prices of Binder, Base Set, Chase Card, Box Topper, Case Topper, Autograph card and Costume card as I have had mine for some time. Sketch card seam to be selling for about a third of what they were a year or so ago, most selling for £25 to £35 in actions on ebay.

Go to Top of Page

Mark Brown
Companion

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2011 :  11:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Mark Brown's Homepage
I'm in no hurry to get rid of them so I'll probably break them up as you suggest and do buy it now on e.bay. I've plenty of things that regularly get in my way that I can get rid of in the mean time.

I was going to update my collection page but can't find the log in page, anyone know the url?

Edited by - Mark Brown on 15 Apr 2011 12:25:56
Go to Top of Page

sittin9duck
Timelord

United Kingdom
421 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2011 :  15:07:44  Show Profile  Visit sittin9duck's Homepage
Would you email me about your sketches.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      5:50:56 AM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com