Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Poll
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Shows
 The Next Season
 The Silence (have we already seen them/it?)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2011 :  16:05:59  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
Rumours are rife that the opening 2parter of series6 will reveal who/what The Silence is, but have we already seen them before...

I don't know wether this has been mentioned anywhere else on the forum but during The Eleventh Hour when little Amelia is waiting for the Doctor to return in his TARDIS we see something dart across the screen at the kitchen window. I never thought of it at the time but rewatching it recently the shape is quite humanlike, similiar to the grey aliens we see briefly in the series6 trailer.

I'm assuming that we were suppose to think that the shadow is the escaped Prisoner Zero but surely it wouldn't have had time to establish a pyscic link to change it's physical appearance.

Am i just reading to far into this

Greatwazoo42
Companion

USA
153 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  11:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Greatwazoo42's Homepage
I'm wondering if the "Dream Lord" is a front or alternate form of "The Silence" and the Doctor was telling the companions about the psychic pollen just as a half excuse to put them at ease.

One of the things I've grown used to looking for in the New Who is that there are always little hints lodged in every episode. The Bad Wolf hints became obvious after a while but did you notice all the series three stories set on Earth showed cars with Atmos stickers on them well before the two parter that featured the device?

I've been re-watching the 5th Series on blu-ray pretty intently to try and find clues to what or who the Silence is if that is the adversary arranging all these events but I'm coming up dry. Nothing coherent to any theory is manifesting so far. I've yet to find the key clue that makes everything else pop out.

I sent a message to another time/But as the days unwind, this I just can't believe/I sent a note across another plane/Maybe it's all a game, but this I just can't conceive...Can you hear me?
Go to Top of Page

TimelordTaylor
Chancellor

United Kingdom
757 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  15:02:21  Show Profile  Visit TimelordTaylor's Homepage
I hope the Dream Lord returns in one form or another, i was really impressed with that paticular episode and really loved the way it was presented. I agree with you, i did think that Doctor's explanation of him was a tad too convienant and remember the Dream Lords reflection did make a brief reappearance in the reflection on the TARDIS console.

Rewatching the series6 trailer shown at the end of The Christmas Carol episode i thought that i caught a glimpse of, or something similiar to, the time machine in the upstairs of "The Lodger" episode so perhaps that paticular plot thread hasn't been completley resolved either.

I had noticed the Atmos sticker during series 4 aswell as the few refrences to the missing bees which came to a brief conclusion in Journeys End.

I've heard alot of rumour that the missing ducks from The Eleventh Hour are also relevant somehow but I'm struggling to think how that would be possible unless it was another throw away line like the aforementioned bees.

I hope everything ties up nicely though and we arn't left with any unanswered questions.
Go to Top of Page

03Jamesmain
Companion

United Kingdom
227 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2011 :  15:05:11  Show Profile  Visit 03Jamesmain's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TimelordTaylor

I hope the Dream Lord returns in one form or another, i was really impressed with that paticular episode and really loved the way it was presented. I agree with you, i did think that Doctor's explanation of him was a tad too convienant and remember the Dream Lords reflection did make a brief reappearance in the reflection on the TARDIS console.

Rewatching the series6 trailer shown at the end of The Christmas Carol episode i thought that i caught a glimpse of, or something similiar to, the time machine in the upstairs of "The Lodger" episode so perhaps that paticular plot thread hasn't been completley resolved either.

I had noticed the Atmos sticker during series 4 aswell as the few refrences to the missing bees which came to a brief conclusion in Journeys End.

I've heard alot of rumour that the missing ducks from The Eleventh Hour are also relevant somehow but I'm struggling to think how that would be possible unless it was another throw away line like the aforementioned bees.

I hope everything ties up nicely though and we arn't left with any unanswered questions.

i remember reading somewhere that the lodger episode was writen as an intro/taster to a future story, cause it never really came to a conclusion did it...

"When you can live forever....What do you life for?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dr Who Collector Message Board    - -      11:01:57 PM (-5 GMT) © www.richardwho.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Go to www.richardwho.com
RichardWho Poll
Are you collecting the new series toys?

Yes
No

View Results
Go to www.richardwho.com